Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Celebrar Sus Vidas









This piece commemorates the lives of my two grandfathers. The first death I ever experienced was that of one of my grandfathers, it has stayed with me till now and is something I will always remember. But for me, I have always hated funerals, the depressing nature of them I think the "Day of the Dead" celebrations in Mexico are a much better way to deal with people passing then the way things are done here. Be happy and remember their lives not mourn their passing. That's how I remember them and how I want to be remembered, by how I lived not how I died.


The two skulls represent the two grandfathers, one beat up and older looking but more colourful. This represents the first of my grandfathers to pass and is colourful because I think he lived a more colourful life, fighting in the military and travelling around the world. The second skull is more complete and has designs in just black this represents his much more mundane life but still a person just as fondly remembered.

I hope that some day i can live a life that leaves people remembering me just as fondly as these to men.
R.I.P

The piece was done using anatomical skulls and marker pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment